Finance Systems Manager
Our client is a fast growing security company with an annual turnover of £106 million and are looking to hire a dynamic and experienced Finance Systems Manager
As the Finance Systems Manager / Finance Manager – Systems, you will play a critical role in optimizing our
financial systems and ensuring compliance while supporting day-to-day finance operations. This role is split 50%
between systems management and 50% across month-end activities, reconciliations, consolidations, and
Reporting and Management Structure
* Reports to the Group Finance Director
* No supervisory responsibility for any other staff
Finance Systems (50%):
* Manage and optimize the Workday finance system to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
* Ensure compliance with financial regulations and internal policies.
* Provide training and support to users to maximize system utilization.
* Identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiency in financial operations.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate finance systems with other business functions.
Finance Operations (50%):
* Oversee month-end financial activities, including closing processes and financial reporting.
* Conduct account reconciliations and assist in financial consolidations.
* Support the day-to-day finance operations, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
* Collaborate with the finance team to streamline financial processes and improve accuracy.
* Assist in ad-hoc financial projects and initiatives as required.
Essential Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Professional Finance Qualification – Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting,
- or a related field (MBA or professional qualification is a plus).
- Proven experience in finance systems management, with a strong
- understanding of Workday or similar ERP systems.
- Knowledge of financial compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Prior experience in the property or B2B sector is an advantage.
Continuous improvement: Accepts/Identifies knowledge/skill/behaviour “gaps”.
Flexibility: Willingly adjusts to new procedure(s).
Initiative: Demonstrates ownership of problems or issues, often overcoming obstacles, and can be relied on to
complete tasks with minimal supervision.
Innovation/creativity: Contributes useful ideas/participates in “brainstorming” sessions.
Loyalty/commitment: Defends/support team/company in adversity.
Communication: Cultivates listening skills and conveys own ideas and opinions confidently and with clarity.
Culturally Aware: Demonstrates awareness of cultural differences between business entities.
Influencing: Builds relationships to influence others rather than to command.
Leadership/Motivation: Leads by example, managing own time and work, showing integrity and ethics in all
Teamwork and co-operation: Willingly co-operates with others to complete tasks.
Decision making: Decides with the available data.
Managing change: Open to new concepts and assists in the implementation of change.
Problem solving: Identifies symptoms of problems and gathers relevant information systematically, accepting the
input of others.
Time Management& Prioritisation: Manages own work and time effectively.
Customer service: Promotes the customer service standards for the business area and
evaluates adherence to these standards.
For more information about Shift F5 and the opportunities we have to offer follow us on Twitter @F5_Jobs
Shift F5 Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.