The countries biggest grad schemes are reaching the end of their 2021 admissions window and as deadlines approach for those looking to start this year, University graduates are starting to consider their options in an unusual set of circumstances.
And although the grad scheme places are set to drop from previous years, this is not bad news for employers who are looking to grow this year and those who have succesfully managed to trade through the pandemic.
Here are my top 10 reasons to consider hiring Tech & Software Graduates this year, even if you never have done before:
- New perspectives – graduates often have lots of ideas and will not be afraid to give you an outsiders perspective on process and business practices, helping you see things you couldn’t see before
- Specialised degrees – if you operate in Cyber Security, AI & Machine Learning, Data Science or other cutting edge tech you will find Phd and Msc candidates with highly specialised skills available for work this year, although many get snapped up by the big Silicon-Valley firms, many would prefer to join a smaller firm
- The world is changing – business leaders are preparing themselves for different trading conditions in 2021 and many are tweaking business models to improve their agility in the market
- Great value – starting salaries for graduates vary across industry and location, but the vast majority are more interested in the job than the salary
- Enthusiasm – keen to start their career, a new graduate will bring a boost of enthusiasm to your team
- Training and Education – by their very nature Graduates value education and opportunities to upskill, so if you need someone to take a course, learn some new tech or tackle a complicated task that requires effort, then look no further
- Leavers are inevitable – you can proactively start training someone before a vacancy appears
- New faces – now we are returning to work, are you looking at ways to motivate and re-engage your teams? New people will freshen up the office
- eCommerce & Data skills – With universites trying to solve skills shortages in these areas many 2020 graduates have an interest in Data and eCcommerce, as they are taught skills in these areas on their course, as companies look to build their online business this year, tech-savvy graduates could be the answer
- Choice – Many big graduates employers have reduced hiring volume and delayed their own graduate schemes this year, which means you may also benefit from more choice
Did I miss any?
Shift F5 connect you with the top IT, Computer Science and Digital graduates – To discuss in more detail and to see examples of Graduates we work with, please get in touch on 0161 413 63340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,